Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Thin Upload?
- It is an HTTP file uploader that is very easy to install and to use. It facilitates the upload of multiple files and folders and displays a progress indicator while the files are in transit
- Is there a free trial?
- Yes. Click Here to download.
You can also make use of the online demo.
- Is Thin Upload compatible with my favourite scripting language?
- Thin Upload is a standards compliant, and as a result you can use it quite easily with popular technologies such as PHP, Perl, Java, ASP.NET and so on.
- Why do I get java.net.SocketException:Software caused connection abort:socket write error when trying upload large files with PHP?
PHP by default is configured only to accept file uploads less then 2MB in size. By editing the php.ini file and changing the following properties you will be able to upload very large files.
Make sure that upload_max_filesize and post_max_size are both larger than the settings you have chosen to max_upload. Assign reasonably high values for max_input_time and post_max_size
If you do not have access to the php.ini file on your server please consider using Thin Slice Upload. It can upload even hundreds of Giga Bytes even though the PHP configuration has imposed an arbitrarily low limit.